Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Changes, they are a commin'

My psoriasis was severe, the MS showed its ugly little face daily with naps that lasts 3-4 hours, limped walking, unsteady gait, wall walking on days that were hot and humid, unable to climb stairs, depression galore! I felt lifeless and I am sure he felt wifeless. On top of all of that, we were facing vaginal cancer. Our motivation was high, obviously.

With the knowledge that I needed to be gluten free, dairy free and soy free, there came a great need for change in my life. I do not cook, my beloved husband does all of the cooking in our home, so this change was going to impact everyone. Being the wonderful man that he is, he took this information to heart and to the store with him. What he has done for me is nothing short of miraculous! Wonderful meals, wonderful spices, great variations on a theme, all to get me well.

I began to notice small changes after one week being off the gluten, my skin was less dry, my limbs didn't hurt all the time, nor was I taking Ibuprofen every 4 hours. After two weeks, my skin started healing and I had not had a headache in the two week period. AMAZING and Praise worthy! I was starting to function and the brain fog started to lift. I should also note here that while I was staying gluten free, I was also on a few supplements that doc had thought beneficial to me, mostly oils, essential fatty acids, fish oil, olive oil and something call Beta TCP...love that stuff! I so wish I had photos to share with you so that you could see the dramatic changes in my skin alone. Wrinkles that had been there for a long time were going away. Who wouldn't love that!

After that two weeks, I was convinced that recovery was awaiting me.
More later,
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment